Quick and easy to make, Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Biscuits are loaded with flavor. Besides the cheddar cheese and garlic, the bold flavor of parmesan cheese shines through. Think of those delicious little rolls you get at Red Lobster.
Super easy to make, with no special equipment needed, this recipe will become your go-to for a quick side dish. There’s no yeast, so there’s no waiting for them to rise.
Plus, dinner rolls and biscuits are such a tasty and pretty addition to any dinner table, and they smell so delicious coming fresh from the oven. They require only about 10 minutes of prep time, then 12 minutes in the oven.
Making Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
First things first, throw a stick of butter in the freezer. Yep, throw it in there. This is my new favorite way of cutting in butter.
Second, get out the other ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Also, lightly grease the baking sheet.
Ok, now unwrap most of the butter from the freezer and mark the half-way point. This would be the same as 1/4 cup, which is how much you need.
Using a cheese grater, grate the butter directly into the bowl in batches, stirring between batches. Once you’ve grated to the half-way point, re-wrap the butter and put the rest back into the refrigerator.
The other option is to cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or two knives.
Third, stir in the cheddar cheese. Once that’s blended in, add the milk (I used almond milk) and mix until it forms a soft dough.
Fourth, and last, knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough becomes smooth. Shape it into a 6-inch square, then cut out 9 smaller squares. Bake for 12 minutes on a greased baking sheet, and that’s that.
What goes well with these biscuits?
So many things, but my favorite would be something with a sauce or gravy that I can slop up with the biscuit. Think of it as pre-washing your plate.
But to answer the question, any of the following recipes would be a delicious compliment to Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Biscuits.
- Baked Tortellini with Sausage
- Cheese Manicotti
- Spicy Turkey Spinach Roll Ups
- Creamy Spinach Prosciutto Tortellini
- Italian Pasta and Lettuce Salad
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Veggies and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Easy Savory Chicken Stew
Now, I’m not knocking store bought rolls and biscuits. I use them all the time when I’m busy making other stuff, but there’s something to be said for homemade biscuits.
By making them from scratch, you avoid the preservatives and get to add that special ingredient (love).
Plus, there’s a certain satisfaction in making something so delicious that didn’t take much time or effort.
Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, parmesan cheese, sugar, garlic powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with two knives or a pastry blender. (See note below.)
- Add cheddar cheese, and stir.
- Add milk and mix until it becomes soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until dough becomes smooth. Shape into a 6-inch square. Cut into 9 squares and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes, should be golden brown. Enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest and post a picture of your biscuits. It’s fun looking at everyone’s creations.
Also, please feel free to rate the recipe and comment below.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.