Completely satisfy your sweet-tooth with one of these Chewy Gooey Walnut Brownies. Using baking chocolate in these delicious treats gives them the fudge-like texture mixed with the crunch of fresh walnuts. Heavenly! Imagine the aroma in your kitchen when you take these beauties fresh from the oven.
So, I didn’t start that day to make brownies. I was actually looking to make a silk or satin pie, I can’t remember which. Either way, something went wrong. But wait, I already had the eggs to room temperature and the chocolate was melted…I was temporarily stuck.
Looking at the ingredients I had sitting out, they started to look a lot like brownies.
I had to alter an old recipe my mom gave me, but that’s OK, these turned out great! And my silky-satin disaster was avoided.
Serving Chewy Gooey Walnut Brownies
I never use to line the 9 x 13 pan until I tried it. Yes, I do all things the hard way first. Try lining it with foil.
What I like about it is that you can lift the whole baked brownie out of the pan and cut in on a flat surface.
I serve brownies a lot at my local rescue mission, so when I serve them, I want them looking their best.
The knife needs to be wiped a few times, but well worth it to keep the edges cleaner.
Although I am a believer in eating balanced meals, let’s face it…brownies should be a meal of their own.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
Chewy Gooey Walnut Brownies
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with either parchment paper or foil. Foil is easier. Make sure the foil is long enough to fold over sides of dish. Spray foil with cooking/baking spray.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, melt chocolate and butter on HIGH for 2 minutes or until you see the butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, vanilla salt, flour, and baking powder together.
- Add the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly. Add the walnuts and hand mix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack while brownies are still in the baking dish. When cool enough to handle, use foil handles to remove brownies from dish. Cut to desired size and serve. Enjoy!
Here are some pictures that are the perfect size for your Pinterest Board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.