Chocolate Lovers Banana Cake Recipe
I love baking for my local rescue mission, and I have learned that the best way (for me, anyway) to transport a cake is if I make it in a 13 x 9 pan. So, I took a page from my Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake and revised it for my travelling pan. My Chocolate Lovers Banana Cake is similar with the chocolaty goodness of chocolate pudding and frosting complimenting the banana cake. This cake is cool, refreshing and very satisfying.
Let’s bake a cake.
This is a really nice moist cake. Start with a boxed butter recipe yellow cake mix, but we’re going to change it up a bit. I added Almond Breeze Almond Milk and fresh ripe smashed bananas. You’ll love the way this cake tastes.
Add some layers.
Once the cake is cool, slice a couple more fresh bananas to cover the top of the cake. Next, spread the container of chocolate frosting over the bananas. I find it’s much easier accomplishing this by using a piping bag and Wilton’s#789 tip.
Control yourself, you still have another layer to go before you can dive in. LOL To frost the Chocolate Lovers Banana Cake, mix together some chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. Yummy!!!
Decorating the cake.
Optional, of course, but so fun. I usually have extra Cool Whip in my freezer, so I squirt some of that around the edges from another piping bag. If I have extra chocolate frosting, I might do the same. Slice some banana, or shave some chocolate curls on top. I keep a chocolate bar in my frig for just such occasions.
The joy of this cake is…well…everything. It tastes great, it’s cool and refreshing, and it travels well. Oh, and remember when you make the pudding to add the milk to the bowl first with the beaters going, then add the powder. This cuts down on the weird little clumps that can sometimes form.
Chocolate Lovers Banana Cake
For the cake:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk, (or milk you already have)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix
For center layers:
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced to cover cake
- 16 oz. container chocolate frosting
- 2 cups milk
- 3.4 oz. box chocolate pudding
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip
For decorating: (optional)
- extra Cool Whip
- extra chocolate frosting
- chocolate shavings from a chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare your 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- For the cake: mix the bananas, milk, eggs and oil together. Add cake mix and mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for approx. 34 minutes.
- Cool cake completely.
- For the center layers: Cover top of cake with thinly sliced bananas. Cover bananas with chocolate frosting. I recommend using Wilton's tip #789.
- For the frosting: Mix together milk and dry pudding. Add Cool Whip until thoroughly mixed. Spread on top of chocolate frosting layer.
- Decorate with Cool Whip, chocolate frosting, and chocolate shavings. (optional, but who doesn't love MORE chocolate?)
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Here are great sized pictures for pinning to your Pinterest board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.