Grilled Lemon Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs Recipe
My Grilled Lemon Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs was just what I needed. Great any time of year, but so fantastic on a warm summer evening, especially when your BBQ is calling out to you. This recipe is easy since you put everything on your skewers and cook them the same time. It’s also versatile when choosing which veggies to use, just pick your favorites. I love the colorful mini bell peppers because they’re sweet and don’t need to be seeded first (just don’t eat the top where the stem is, that’s where the few seeds are). I also love the fact that this meal is healthy for you; high protein and low carbs (Keto/Atkins diets). But mostly I love this recipe because it tastes amazing and it’s so pretty to serve to your family and guests.
You want your shrimp to marinate for about 30 minutes before cooking them. In a medium bowl stir together the shrimp, lemon juice and rind, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then cover with clear wrap and leave in the frig. While they’re marinating, I prep my veggies and get out my skewers. I use metal skewers, so remember if using wooden skewers to first soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before putting them on the grill.
Assemble Your Kabobs
Once the shrimp has been marinated and the veggies prepped, it’s time to load up your skewers and create your kabobs. I try to mix the colors up and get a variety on each skewer, but there’s really no right or wrong way of doing this. For example, if you have a picky eater, load his/her skewer with only their favorites. My friend would be happy with all shrimp and a tomato at each end.
Grilling Time for Shrimp
Depending on the size of your shrimp (mine here are relatively small even though the bag said “large”) you want them to be pink on the outside and white or opaque on the inside. I start around 3 minutes per side when grilling on High, but I always check their color. The veggies don’t take long to soften up and get their grill marks. Time to eat!
As seen above, I paired my Grilled Lemon Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs with a lime/cilantro rice. What you can’t see is my cocktail, a Watermelon Rum Frosty, which is another recipe for another time. It was scrumptious, so that one will be following soon.
Grilled Lemon Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs
- 1 pound Large shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 tsp Lemon rind
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp each Garlic Powder, salt, and pepper
- 1 box Mushrooms
- 1 box Grape tomatoes
- 1 Red onion, cut to size of other veggies
- 1 bag Mini bell peppers
- For Marinade: In medium bowl stir together the shrimp, lemon rind and juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover with clear wrap and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using 8 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes first) assemble kabobs with your shrimp and veggies. Skewer the shrimp at 2 points to avoid them falling off while cooking.
- Grill for approx. 3 minutes each side. Shrimp are cooked when they are pink on the outside and white or opaque on the inside. When the shrimp is done, the veggies are done. Time to eat!
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.