Lime Queso Salad Recipe
Enjoy serving a salad that looks as beautiful as it tastes! It has red tomatoes, green lettuce and cilantro, red onions, and the white queso cheese crumbles on top. So pretty, but why do they call them red onions when they’re purple? This Lime Queso Salad is a light delicious salad you’ll enjoy all year long.
Making Your Lime Queso Salad
Start by mixing your dressing, which is made of lime juice, fat free yogurt (I prefer plain, vanilla makes it a bit sweeter), honey, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. If you’re a garlic lover, have at it; you can always add more than what the recipe calls for.
With the dressing mixed, dice up your lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and toss together in a large bowl. Add the dressing before serving and top with the queso cheese. Queso is a soft Mexican cheese made with whole milk. No need to get your cheese grater dirty, just hold the cheese over the salad and run a fork along one side. Little chunks fill fall off right into your salad.
This Lime Queso Salad goes well with so many meals, but the Mexican flavors of the cilantro and queso make me lean towards our southern border. Start with an appetizer of Mexican Bruschetta, then have your Lime Queso Salad before you move on to either Shredded Chicken Tacos or Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole. Don’t forget dessert, try my Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cupcakes.
Lime Queso Salad
- 104 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce (approx. 1 heart), chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Roma tomatoes (approx. 2), seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 3/4 oz. queso, crumbled
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, yogurt, honey, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Hold off on the queso.
- Before serving, add dressing to lettuce mix and top with queso. Enjoy!
Here are some nice sizes to pin to your Pinterest board. Have a blessed day!
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.