Shrimp Orzo with Lemon Dressing
A light meal of orzo, shrimp, and steamed veggies with a cool refreshing lemon dressing.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- rind and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 12 oz. medium or large raw shrimp, thawed, peeled and de-veined (approx. 1-1.5 cups)
- 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, but into 1" pieces (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen English peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh green onion, sliced (approx. 2)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
Cook the orzo per package directions. When al dente, drain and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in large pot bring salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and sugar snap peas. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add English peas and continue boiling for another 30 seconds.
Reserving the water, remove veggies with slotted spoon to ice bath.
Add shrimp to boiling water. Cook until opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp to ice bath with veggies to cool. Orzo, veggies, and shrimp should be cooled to room temperature.
In serving bowl, mix all ingredients together, spoon on dressing. Toss together and serve room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold. Enjoy!
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1433mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1489IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 6mg