Italian Pasta and Lettuce Salad
Perfect for potlucks and picnics, this salad has bold flavors and beautiful colors that you'll be proud to serve.
Yield: 14 people
- 4 oz salad macaroni pasta
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions (or 2 green onions), sliced
- 1 cup Cherubs salad tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 3 oz. salami (or about 16 rounds), sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
Cook pasta per directions on box.
In a large bowl, mix together your prepared romaine, radicchio, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, salami, and drained beans. Add your cooked and drained pasta to large bowl and mix.
In a small bowl, whisk together your dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, oregano, and sugar.
Top salad with Gorgonzola cheese and dressing. Enjoy!