Southwest Chicken Salad
Delicious flavors of black beans, fire roasted corn, and cumin-seasoned chicken mixed with romaine lettuce.
Yield: 8 cups
- 9 oz. bag romaine lettuce, chopped
- 15 oz. black beans, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn (plain or fire roasted), defrosted
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, etc.)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (or red, yellow, or orange), chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato (or 1 medium), chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
Chop the romaine lettuce into smaller pieces and place in large bowl.
Add in the black beans, onions, corn, cheese, bell pepper, tomato, and avocado.
Season chicken with cumin and add into the salad. Toss and serve with a Creamy Cilantro Dressing, or dressing of your choice. Enjoy!
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3086IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 2mg