Lime Queso Salad
A light and colorful salad with some Mexican flavors of cilantro and queso.
Yield: 6 people
- 104 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce (approx. 1 heart), chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Roma tomatoes (approx. 2), seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 3/4 oz. queso, crumbled
In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, yogurt, honey, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Hold off on the queso.
Before serving, add dressing to lettuce mix and top with queso. Enjoy!