Chocolate Raspberry Trifle Recipe
Imagine your taste buds experiencing the smooth creaminess of chocolate pudding, cream cheese mixed with Cool Whip, and the always tasty Oreo Cookie. Now imagine the POP of raspberry mixed in. It’s a party in your mouth with special guest Chocolate Raspberry Trifle.
This delicious Chocolate Raspberry Trifle has everything you need in a dessert. It comes in one container (called a trifle dish), the taste is amazing, and it looks even more amazing. When I serve trifles at my local rescue mission, the dinner guests don’t even care what it is. They see it and they want it. LOL! And I’m happy to serve it to them, because I know without a doubt they will enjoy it.
Making a Trifle
Start by making the chocolate pudding and letting it set up a bit in the refrigerator. Then, work your way up the trifle dish. In other words, make the bottom layer first, so let’s do that. The bottom layer (and middle, and top layer) is a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip. Once these items have been blended together, put 1/3 of that mixture on the bottom of your trifle dish.
Layer a Trifle
Next, open one of the two cans of Raspberry Cake and Pastry Filling and stir it up a bit so that it spreads easier. I drop it in by small spoonfuls, because it doesn’t spread well. Then, using a food processor or blender, turn those delicious Oreo cookies in small chunks or crumbs and reserve approx. 1/4 cup for topping. Put half of the Oreo crumbs in the trifle over the raspberry filling. Ok, one more to go. Bring out the pudding from the frig and put half of it in the trifle over the Oreos.
Now all that’s left is to repeat. Put in 1/3 of the cream cheese layer, the second can of raspberry filling, the second half of the Oreo crumbs, and the second half of the chocolate pudding. The topping is the last 1/3 of the cream cheese layer, plus the reserved Oreo crumbs. Decorate with fresh raspberries if you have them; the red and white colors look beautiful with the chocolate.
Don’t sweat the small stuff
I tend to mix up the order of the layers on a regular basis, but don’t worry about it. Just act like you meant to layer it that way, nobody will know the difference. LOL! And keep some clear glasses or goblets handy in case your trifle dish is a little smaller than the recipe calls for. You can easily make minis in the goblets, which look pretty great, too.
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
- 5.9 oz. box chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 oz. tub Cool Whip
- 2 - 6 oz. cans Raspberry Cake and Pastry Filling
- 15.25 oz. bag Oreo cookies
- OPTIONAL: fresh raspberries
- Mix your milk and chocolate pudding together and let set up in the refrigerator.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and Cool Whip. Place 1/3 in trifle dish as bottom layer.
- Open the cans of raspberry filling, stirring to make more spreadable. Put one can in trifle dish on top of cream cheese layer.
- Using food processor or blender, make Oreo cookies into crumbs. OPTIONAL: reserve 1/4 cup for topping. Place half of Oreo crumbs in trifle dish on top of raspberry filling.
- Pull chocolate pudding from refrigerator and place half of the pudding in the trifle dish on top of the Oreo crumbs.
- Repeat layers: cream cheese (1/3), 2nd can of raspberry filling, 2nd half of Oreo crumbs, and 2nd half of chocolate pudding.
- Top layer is the remaining 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture with the optional Oreo crumbs and fresh raspberries.
- NOTE: with each layer, gently push towards the glass to avoid air gaps and to keep the layers even. Also, trifle dish sizes can vary, have clear glasses/goblets handy for any excess.
Looking for other trifle recipes? Try this Strawberry Kiwi Trifle or this Harvest Dirt Trifle in the fall. Trifles dishes are so pretty to use, I hope you enjoy these recipes. God bless you and happy baking.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.