Perfect for any meal of the day, this Turkey Sausage Spaghetti Frittata tastes delicious and is easy to make. Enjoy the bold flavors of healthy turkey sausage combined with sauteed onions and mushrooms. Fresh zucchini and diced tomatoes keep this dish moist, while eggs, spaghetti, and cheese hold it all together.
Start by cooking your pasta according to the package directions. In another large skillet or dutch oven, saute the onions and mushrooms. I like to add garlic powder to just about anything I’m sauteing, simply because it smells so good. Once the onions are tender (about 5 minutes) add the zucchini and can of diced tomatoes. Add the oregano, salt and pepper, and let most of the liquid evaporate out, stirring regularly.
Can I bake it now?
No. Now you get to slice up the turkey sausage and throw it in the pot. Are you watching your pasta? I have to set timers for everything! Ok, so when the spaghetti is done, add it and the cheese to the pot. I love cheddar, but use your favorite cheese. Next, gently beat your eggs in a separate bowl. We’re almost there.
Can I bake it now?
No. First, spray a 13 x 9 dish and pour in the contents from the pot. Lastly, pour the egg mixture over the top, and then you can bake it. Pop it into the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Easy, right? Nothing difficult about this one, yet the flavors taste savory and complex. All the colors and different textures make it look more complicated than it really is.
What do I serve this with?
Well, this Turkey Sausage Spaghetti Frittata already has carbs, veggies, dairy, and protein in it. It’s like a meal unto itself. I served mine with some fresh fruit, but I’m thinking some hot bread rolls and butter would be fantastic with it. If you serve it as breakfast or brunch, stay in the breakfast theme and try these French Toast Cupcakes, or maybe an Apple Pear Cream Cheese Tart for lunch or dinner.
Turkey Sausage Spaghetti Frittata
- 8 oz. spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and halved
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 13 oz. Hillshire Farm turkey smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, (or 2 cups egg substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven. Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic powder until onions are tender. (about 5 min.)
- Add zucchini and tomatoes with the liquid, Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. (about 10 minutes)
- Drain pasta and add to skillet along with the turkey sausage, oregano, salt, pepper, and cheese. . Mix thoroughly.
- In separate bowl, gently beat eggs.
- Spray bottom of 13 x 9 dish. Add skillet ingredients. Pour eggs over top.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until set in the middle. Enjoy!
Another nice thing about this Turkey Sausage Spaghetti Frittata is that you can use any combination of your favorite vegetables to go in it. For instance, asparagus tips, or maybe some sweet bell pepper. Keep the portions roughly the same and have fun with it.
Here are some great sized pins for your Pinterest board. Happy cooking and have a blessed day.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.