There’s nothing like biting into a nice delicious cookie. These Brown Sugar Praline Cookies are moist from the brown sugar and sweet from the praline topping. And don’t even get me started on the chocolate chips. So good!
When I see a recipe using brown sugar, I gravitate towards it.
Brown sugar makes a cookie not only softer, but keeps it moist days longer than granulated sugar.
In other words, sign me up.
Making Brown Sugar Praline Cookies
First, you make the cookie batter, bake them, then add the praline topping afterwards.
So, let’s bake cookies.
In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter on medium speed until they are thoroughly blended and fluffy.
This also gives the brown sugar time to break down a little.
Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract.
Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a smaller bowl; flour, baking powder, and salt.
Reducing the speed to low, add the dry ingredients to the brown sugar mixture.
Make sure to scrape the sides until everything is well combined.
Next, add in the chocolate chips. Oh, how I love those chocolate chips.
If you haven’t already preheated the oven to 350°, do so now.
Grease the cookie sheets, or bake on parchment paper. Either works great.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet.
Into the oven they go. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until they just start to turn a light brown.
Let them cool slightly on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack where they can cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk the cream and powdered sugar together.
Also, have your pecans standing by.
Pour the cream mixture into a small baggie and cut a tiny corner off.
Drizzle the cream mixture over the cookies in small batches and immediately sprinkle with pecans.
It’s important to follow with the pecans right away before the drizzle sets up.
By adding the pecans right away, they stick to the drizzle and won’t fall off with your first bite.
Finish off all the cookies the same way, and store in air-tight container in the refrigerator.
I highly recommend sampling as you go, if only to keep your strength up.
- Italian Spumoni Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Deep Dish Cobbler Pie
- Molasses Crinkles
Brown Sugar Praline Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter on medium until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients to brown sugar mixture until well blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and confectioners sugar until smooth and no lumps remain. Pour into zip lock bag, snip a small hole in a corner, and drizzle over cookies. Immediately sprinkle chopped pecans before frosting sets. Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Praline Cookies
Follow me on Pinterest and sign up for emails, which gets you the latest recipes coming out of my kitchen.
For instance, I have a Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes with Cherry Cloud Frosting recipes coming out soon. You won’t want to miss those.
Lastly, thank you for visiting my blog, and have a blessed day.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.