Italian Pasta and Lettuce Salad Recipe
That’s right, we’re putting pasta and lettuce together into one salad. This Italian Pasta and Lettuce Salad is full of spicy bold flavors like salami, Gorgonzola cheese, and radicchio. The Italian dressing of olive oil and red wine vinegar perfectly compliment the intriguing flavors and blend of the tomatoes, cucumbers, and romaine lettuce. This recipe makes 7 cups, so it’s perfect for a potluck or picnic.
Making your Italian Pasta and Lettuce Salad
An easy salad to assemble, start by cooking your pasta as directed on the box or bag. While that’s cooking, start chopping your fresh vegetables and drain your can of garbanzo beans. You can slice your salami anyway you want, but I made slender strips. Everything goes into your bowl to be mixed, including the pasta once it’s cooked and drained. Hold out the Gorgonzola cheese until the end.
Making Your Salad Dressing
In a small bowl whisk together your olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and dried herbs. Easy-peasy, right? And it looks beautiful.
Putting it all together:
Now that everything is made, all that’s left is to put your crumbled Gorgonzola cheese on top of the salad, then pour your salad dressing on top. Done! I love taking a salad like this to my friends and family with all those bold flavors and beautiful colors.
Italian Pasta and Lettuce Salad
- 4 oz salad macaroni pasta
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions (or 2 green onions), sliced
- 1 cup Cherubs salad tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 3 oz. salami (or about 16 rounds), sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Cook pasta per directions on box.
- In a large bowl, mix together your prepared romaine, radicchio, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, salami, and drained beans. Add your cooked and drained pasta to large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, oregano, and sugar.
- Top salad with Gorgonzola cheese and dressing. Enjoy!
Here are some nice sized pictures for pinning to your Pinterest board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.