Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake Recipe
Hello again. Here is a recipe for a moist Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake that you’re sure to enjoy. The chocolate is such a compliment to the bananas, and this pudding frosting is definitely my new favorite. One of the best things about this cake was how easy it was to put together; the cake was a mix, the chocolate frosting came in a container, and the bananas, well, they’re just cool.
I love looking into my pantry and seeing what might go good together. Today I found a few of my favorites: chocolate, bananas, pudding…and did I mention chocolate? I also had a banana cake mix, that I don’t usually have, so the idea started to form for my Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake. The cake turned out nice and moist, I added some chocolate frosting, and then I put the sliced bananas right on top of the chocolate frosting, which isn’t even the frosting in this recipe. Oh, and this pudding frosting is so good and easy to make, just 3 ingredients. You’ll love how easy it is and it is so wonderful to spread and pipe with. Hang on, it’s coming…
Making the Pudding Frosting
After baking the banana cake in 2 8″ pans, I left them to cool and started making the pudding frosting. I wanted to make sure I’d have enough frosting to decorate after frosting the sides, top, and middle, so I started with the larger box of banana cream pudding. In your mixer, start by adding half the milk the pudding box requires. Have the beaters going at least medium speed, then add the pudding powder. Adding the pudding to the milk, rather than adding milk to the pudding, helps reduce the chance of clumps forming. Then you add the 3rd ingredient, which is Cool Whip. So easy and so delicious. Keep your pudding frosting in the refrigerator until the cakes are cool and you’re ready to assemble.
Assembling the Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
Take one of the layers and set in on your plate, then spread some chocolate frosting on top. Next, add your sliced bananas to thoroughly cover the chocolate frosting. I used about one banana per layer, but it depends on how thick you slice them and how big the banana is. Lastly, add some of your pudding frosting. Now you get to set your second cake layer on top and follow with the chocolate frosting, sliced bananas, and more pudding frosting. Frost the sides and you’re done! Here’s a picture of mine deconstructed.
Enjoy your Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
You’ll need to keep this cake in your refrigerator with all of that delicious pudding and fresh bananas. Between the fresh bananas and pudding, this is a very moist cake that I sincerely hope you’ll enjoy.
Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
- 1 box Banana cake mix, plus required ingredients on box for cake
- 16 oz container Chocolate frosting
- 2-3 Bananas, thinly sliced
- 5.1 oz box Banana Cream pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Bake cake as instructed on box using either 8" or 9" cake pans. Set aside to cool completely.
- Make pudding frosting by mixing pudding powder into milk. (Put your milk in the bowl first with the beaters going before adding pudding powder to reduce clumping.) Add the Cool Whip and set aside.
- Assemble cake: put 1st cake layer on plate, add approx. 1/2 cup chocolate frosting, add sliced bananas, add approx. 1/2 cup pudding frosting. Then add 2nd cake layer and repeat 1/2 cup choc. frosting, bananas, then frost rest of cake with pudding frosting.
- There should be some pudding frosting left over for some fun decorating. Enjoy!
Here are a couple pictures that are a great size for pinning to your board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.