Busy nights need 30 Minute Lazy Lasagna. It can be thrown together quickly, but it tastes like a big deal. A tubular pasta, like Mostaccioli or Penne, gets smothered in a cream cheese sauce to create the bottom layer. Next, a layer of ground beef with sauteed onions and spaghetti sauce covers the pasta. That’s it, 2 layers. Top it all with mozzarella cheese, which rounds out this quick and easy lasagna-like meal. Bonus: the leftovers are amazing.
I’m a firm believer than most anything with a tomato-base, like spaghetti sauce, tastes even better the next day.
That’s why I love to make this 30 Minute Lazy Lasagna on a Monday night. How’s that?
During the week I can enjoy the leftovers, and who doesn’t love coming home after work and dinner is already made?
Making 30 Minute Lazy Lasagna
Start by spraying the bottom of a 13 x 9″ baking dish with non-stick spray, then set it aside for now.
Making the Cheesy Pasta
First, cook the pasta in a large pot. Follow the directions on the pasta package using salted water.
Second, drain the pasta when it’s done cooking.
Third, while the pasta is draining, heat up the milk and cream cheese in that same pot until the cream cheese is melted.
Then, add the pasta back into the pot and mix with the cream cheese.
Lastly, spread the pasta in an even layer in the baking dish.
Note: I use Neufchatel cream cheese for this recipe for two reasons: 1) it’s lower in calories, and 2) it has more moisture than regular cream cheese.
If you cook with pasta a lot, you know the pasta can absorb moisture as it sits. You can, however, use regular cream cheese, or even low fat cream cheese.
Making the Meat Sauce
Meanwhile, get out a large skillet and cook the ground beef and the onions. This always smells so good.
Salt and pepper the beef, then drain off any extra fat.
Next, add the spaghetti sauce and oregano to the beef and let this mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour the meat sauce over the pasta in the baking dish. Almost done.
Top with Mozzarella and Bake
Lastly, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the meat sauce, then cover the dish with foil.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 minutes. After that, uncover and continue to bake for 5 minutes more.
The kitchen is smelling amazing right about now — time to eat. Delicious.
Serve with a side salad and some Parmesan Garlic Toast for a complete meal.
A pasta lover?
Likewise, you might love some of these recipes:
- Cheese Manicotti
- Weekend Bacon Basil Pasta
- Shrimp Orzo with Lemon Dressing
- Baked Tortellini with Sausage
- Bacon Herbed Spaghetti
- Creamy Spinach Prosciutto Tortellini
- Spicy Turkey Spinach Roll Ups
30 Minute Lazy Lasagna
- 1 lb. penne or mostaccioli pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, cubed
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease bottom of 13 x 9" baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to directions in salted water, then drain.
- In the pot you cooked the pasta in, heat milk and cream cheese over medium heat. Cook until cheese melted, stirring occasionally. Add the pasta and stir. Spread pasta in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion in large skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Drain excess fat. Add spaghetti sauce and oregano, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour meat sauce over pasta. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over top.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes. Enjoy!
30 Minute Lazy Lasagna
In conclusion, please follow me on Pinterest and post a picture of your Lazy Lasagna — show off your pretty dishes.
Also, rate the recipe and leave a comment below.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.