Chunky Peanut Butter Brownie Bars Recipe
Now that’s a long name, Chunky Peanut Butter Brownie Bars, but there is so much flavor in these little bars that it really needs a name to do it justice. From the bottom up there is a layer of brownie, then peanut butter baking chips, then a delectable peanut butter spread that is light and fluffy. Top all that with some nuts, marshmallows, and colorful M&M pieces. It’s a party in your mouth.
Making Chunky Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
Use any flavor brownie mix that works in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Now the dish, if you’ve read my blog, you know I don’t like to do dishes. Line the dish with foil and save yourself some time cleaning. Less cleaning is always a bonus in my book. Also, it’s nice that you can lift out the entire dessert before cutting it into bars. Hence, this makes cutting and serving easier on the counter top versus cutting them inside the baking dish.
Next, the peanut butter baking chips go on top of the brownies right after they come out of the oven. So, this step could be skipped by putting them into the brownies before baking, but by putting them on top it helps add to the end product chunky texture. As a result, it’s McScrumptious!
As the brownies and chips are cooling, the peanut butter spread can be whipped up. You’ll love the light fluffy texture of this spread as you smooth it over the cooled peanut butter chips.
The Fun Part
All that’s left is the fun toppings. Place the marshmallows on top and gently press down. Sprinkle the nuts and M&Ms on top, and now you can lift out the entire dessert by the foil. Cut them into bars and you’ve got yourself some Chunky Peanut Butter Brownie Bars.
Chunky Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
- 1 box any brownie mix that makes into a 9 x 13, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup M&Ms mini candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make brownies according to directions on box using a 9 x 13 baking dish. Prepare the baking dish by lining it with foil. Grease only the bottom of foil with cooking spray or shortening.
- Immediately after baking brownie, spread peanut butter chips evenly over top and let cool completely.
- In large bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla. Spread evenly over brownies.
- Top with marshmallows, nuts, and M&Ms candies. Lift the foil from the dish to cut into bars.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies. AS IF!!!
If you have a Pinterest board, you might like these pictures for your board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.