Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cupcakes recipe
Have you ever wondered what a lemon flavored Oreo cookie would taste like at the bottom of a cupcake? Me, too. Here’s a cupcake that has the gentle tartness of a lemon Oreo cookie, the sweetness of raspberry jam, and the smooth creaminess of vanilla pudding frosting that together makes one delicious cupcake. As an added bonus, this recipe for Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cupcakes makes 36 cupcakes, which is enough for a small crowd. Adding the cookie to the bottom of the cupcake liner is the trick. The cookie takes up space so the batter goes further.
From the beginning…
Start by filling your cupcake trays with both the liners and the lemon flavored Oreo cookies.
For this recipe I used Betty Crocker’s Party Rainbow Chip cake mix. Other flavors or varieties of cake mix could be used, but remember the baking time varies per box. Make the cake mix per directions on the box and distribute evenly to all 36 cupcake liners. Did you preheat your oven? Time to bake.
As you see above, the liners are still filled 2/3 full, but the batter went further by putting that cookie in first. Such a great filler and now there will be more cupcakes. That’s a win win in anyone’s book.
Watch the bake time. There is a little less batter in each liner, which means it may bake faster. Set timer for the minimum time, but check often. The top should not be shiny. Test by tapping your finger on top of a cupcake. If it leaves an indent, bake another minute or so. If it springs back it’s done.
After the cupcakes have cooled, fill each cupcake with some seedless raspberry jam. The easy way to do this is to use Wilton’s cake decorating tip 230. Push the tip into the center of the cupcake until you feel it hit the cookie on the bottom, then squeeze as you pull it back up.
This frosting recipe is so easy and delicious, plus it pipes and spreads so well. Three little ingredients: a large box of vanilla pudding, half the milk it calls for on the pudding box, and an 8 oz Cool Whip. Recipes like this make life easier and more delicious.
The original plan was to use lemon pudding, but vanilla was all that was in my pantry at the time. They turned out great, but I know the lemon would have packed a punch, so let me know if you try it with the lemon pudding.
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Party Rainbow Chip cake mix
- ( plus 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, 3 eggs per box)
- 36 lemon flavored Oreo cookies
- seedless raspberry jam
For the Frosting
- 5.1 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- CUPCAKES: Line 3 cupcake trays with 36 cupcake liners. Place a lemon flavored Oreo cookie at the bottom of each liner.
- Make cupcake batter according to box directions; adding water, oil, and eggs. Distribute batter evenly between the 36 liners and bake according to box directions. Check baking time often so that they do not over bake. Cool completely.
- FILLING: Using a Wilton tip 230 in your pastry bag, inject raspberry jam into center of each cupcake. Feel the tip hit the top of the cookie, then squeeze as you pull the tip up from the cupcake.
- FROSTING: Mix pudding into milk, add the Cool Whip. Spread or pipe frosting on each cupcake and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
Here are some great sizes for pinning Lemon Raspberry Cookie Cupcakes to your board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.