How great is it to walk into your home and smell the mouth-watering aromas of dinner? That’s what you’ll get with this Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Dice up some fresh veggies, throw in some lean chuck roast, and mix some soup together; it’s that easy. Everything goes into the slow cooker so you can go about your day. If you’re lucky you’ll have some for leftovers, but don’t count on it.
Slice and Dice and Get Everything Ready
The veggies can be chopped up and set aside. Buying baby carrots and frozen pearl onions cuts down on preparation; always a good thing. In a bowl add your soups and minced garlic. Cut the fat from your chuck roast then cut up into nice sized chunks. Salt, pepper, and flour the meat.
Filling the Slow Cooker
Even sliced bread can’t beat the slow cooker liner. Before cooking, put a slow cooker liner inside your slow cooker. When you’re done with dinner and the food’s gone, just pull out the liner and throw it away. No scrubbing…it’s a beautiful thing!
Place the floured chuck roast on the bottom, put the chopped veggies on top of the meat, then pour the soup on top of the veggies.
Lastly, add your bay leaves. You won’t be adding the cornstarch until about an hour before it’s done.
Waiting is the hard part, especially when the flavorful aroma starts to fill your kitchen. Another nice touch is some quick dinner rolls and a side of butter. Mmm Rolls are great for slopping up the last of the gravy at the bottom of the bowl.
About an hour before your Slow Cooker Beef Stew is done cooking, add the water/cornstarch mixture to thicken it up a touch. Anyone looking for a hearty beef stew will be more than satisfied.
You can cut the veggies with a spoon and the chuck roast literally breaks apart it’s so tender. Good to the last drop, I hope you love this stew as much as I do.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 3 lbs. chuck roast, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 3 russet potatoes, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14.5 oz. can beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper the cubed chuck roast and roll in flour until evenly coated. Place the meat at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the potatoes, celery, mushrooms, pearl onions, and carrots on top of the meat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mushroom soup, beef broth, onion soup mix, and minced garlic. Pour over veggies. Add the bay leaves on top.
- Set your slow cooker for 8-10 hours on LOW, or 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- One hour before it's done, mix cornstarch with water and add to slow cooker. Make sure you replace the lid. Enjoy!
Remember, life is short, eat dessert first, and I highly recommend my Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake.
I hope you enjoy these recipes and have a wonderful day full of blessings.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.