Sugar Cookie Lemonade Crumble – Recipe
Sugar cookie meets lemonade and it’s love at first bite. Before you know it, Sugar Cookie Lemonade Crumble is born and taste buds are happy. Easy to make using a sugar cookie mix, the tart lemony filling of lemonade and cream cheese is a perfect match for the delicious sugar cookie crust.
Any time of year lemonade is good, and well…let’s face it, so are sugar cookies. Paring these two is simply crowd-pleasing, kid approved, and year-long gimme some. Added to all that, you have the ease of an easy-to-make recipe that fits nicely in a 13 x 9 dish. Perfect for potlucks or taking to the office, but also, makes enough for sharing.
Sugar Cookie Crust and Crumbles
Making the crust is as easy as it gets next to a premade crust. Using a bag of sugar cookie mix (I use Betty Crocker), mix in softened butter. Once the mixture is crumbly, take out 1/2 cup for the crumble topping. The rest goes into the greased 13 x 9 dish. Pat the mixture into a flat even layer as your crust.
Lemonade/Cream Cheese Layer
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended. Do not over mix. The creamy lemonade and cream cheese layer is thick and smooth. Because of the thickness, drop by spoonfuls onto the crust and spread by gently pushing down with a spreader. This helps to not loosen the crust.
You’re almost there. Lastly, add that 1/2 cup of crumbles you set aside in the beginning and sprinkle evenly over the top. Bake the dessert in your preheated oven set at 350° for about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for about 3 hours before serving. The texture is so nice once it’s had time to set up in the refrigerator.
Try these other recipes for more great dessert bars:
Sugar Cookie Lemonade Crumble
The crust and crumble topping:
- 17.5 oz. bag sugar cookie mix (like Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3.4 oz. box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish with shortening.
The crust and crumble topping:
- In large bowl, mix sugar cookie mix and butter together with a pastry blender or a fork until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining mix in bottom of dish.
- Using electric mixer, thoroughly blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour, lemonade concentrate, vanilla, pudding, and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Drop filling evenly onto crust in spoonfuls and gently spread by pushing down with a spreader.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup crumbles on top.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes. Cool 1 hour, then refrigerate 3 hours to set up. Enjoy!
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.