No Bake Lemon Blueberry Dessert Recipe
How about let’s NOT turn the oven on today. No bake desserts are fantastic and No Bake Lemon Blueberry Dessert is no exception. Tart lemon meets sweet blueberry with added goodness of cream cheese and a graham cracker crust. Easy to make (easier to eat) and fun to serve with the pretty layers.
Let’s face it, it’s always more fun to serve and eat something that’s pretty. No Bake Lemon Blueberry Dessert is definitely pretty. The buttery golden graham cracker crust, the soft yellow of the lemon pudding, and the vibrant blue of the blueberry pie filling. Lovely! Throw on some Cool Whip for a bright white topping and a sprinkle of more crumbs.
The convenience of a 13 x 9 dessert
Baking for a local rescue mission, I am blessed with the challenges of feeding in quantity. When I can alter a recipe from a small version to a larger 13 x 9, I definitely will. They also travel really well, especially when you buy the foil pans with the clear plastic lids. So, if you’re baking for a group or a large family, you’ll love this recipe.
Layer your dessert beginning with the buttered graham cracker crumbs. Save about a half cup for the topping, although this is optional. The second layer is your lemon pudding and cream cheese with a blast of tart lemon juice. Mmm. When making the lemon layer, add the pudding last as directed in the recipe. The pudding starts to thicken up as soon as it hits that cream cheese, so don’t over mix. You’ll want to drop this layer onto the crust in dollops using a large spoon or your spatula, then spread gently to not lift the crust. This thickness helps keep the blueberries from sinking in.
Next, add that beautiful blue/purple layer of blueberry pie filling. Are you getting hungry yet? I am. Last, but not least, add your Cool Whip and optional crumbs for the top layer. Once all your layers are in place, let this beautiful dessert set up in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours. Typically, I make mine in the morning for that evening, or I make it a day ahead of time, so it sits in the frig overnight. One bite of this cool refreshing dessert and you’ll know the wait was worth it.
No Bake Lemon Blueberry Dessert
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3.4 oz. box instant lemon pudding
- 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling
- 16 oz. tubs frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for optional topping. Press crumbs in bottom of a 13 x 9 dish.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, mix thoroughly. Add pudding last and just until mixed, do not over mix. Batter will be thick. Drop by dollops onto the crust and spread gently into an even layer.
- Drop pie filling on top of lemon layer by spoonfuls to reduce having to spread it. Gently spread into an even layer.
- Top with frozen whipped topping layer and optional reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Allow dessert to set up in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
Looking for other 13 x 9 desserts? Check out this Chocolate Lovers Banana Cake, or these Salted Nut Bars. They make a lot and they’re easy to transport if you need to. Happy baking and have a blessed day.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.