Crunchy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside, BBQ Onion Chicken Bake is simply delicious. The added bonus is that it’s baked, so it’s healthier than if it were fried. Did I mention it’s easy to make and only takes a short time to bake? Perfect for those busy nights when you don’t feel like cooking.
Let’s put this together.
Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Then using a medium sized bowl, or plastic bag, mix the BBQ sauce and mayo together. Add the chicken to the sauce until they are coated on all sides evenly. I use my cutting board for this next step; measure out your crispy fried onion and either crush them or chop them into smaller pieces. They’ll stick to the chicken better if the pieces are smaller.
Foil-line a dish and spray the bottom so the chicken does not stick. Roll one side of the coated chicken in the crispy fried onions and place onion-side up in the dish.
Baking them at 400° for about 26 minutes gives them a beautiful golden color on the outside and leaves the inside moist and tender. Time to eat!
It really is that easy, and BBQ Onion Chicken Bake goes great with anything like baked french fries or Cheesy Chive Mashed Potatoes. It’s also great sliced on top of a salad. So good! You’ll love the bold flavor of the BBQ sauce and crispy fried onions, such a great combo.
BBQ Onion Chicken Bake
- 4 6 oz. chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crispy fried onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Foil-line a baking dish and spray bottom.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Mix together BBQ sauce and mayo in medium bowl or plastic bag. Add chicken to sauce mixture to coat evenly.
- Roll one side of chicken in chopped crispy fried onions and place onion side up in baking dish.
- Bake for approx. 24-28 minutes without turning. For larger chicken breasts, bake until center has no more pink and juices run clear, or 165° on meat thermometer. Enjoy!
Here are some great sizes for pinning to your Pinterest Board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.