You will absolutely adore this super moist German Apple Cheesecake. The buttery graham cracker crust is topped with a creamy rich layer of cream cheese for a stand-alone wonderful cheesecake, but let’s not stop there. Top off this bad boy with a super moist German apple cake to complete the dessert. Every layer has yummy goodness in it; the sweet apples and the crunchy walnuts perfectly compliment the creamy rich texture of the cream cheese.
Making a German Apple Cheesecake
Pull out your 13 x 9 baking dish, the one with the higher sides if you have one. Mix your crust ingredients and pat into the bottom of the dish. Next, make the cream cheese mixture, which will be thick. To avoid tearing the crust, drop the cream cheese mixture by dollops onto the crust and spread by pressing down. See the picture below, and don’t worry about imperfections. Tearing the crust will be our little secret…nobody will know or see it. Pour the apple cake on top of the cream cheese mixture, and it’s ready for the oven.
German Apple Cheesecake is one of those foods that smells amazing while it’s baking.
The aroma of apples and cinnamon, graham crackers and melted butter will fill your kitchen. So nice!
Like any moist cake, watch for the center to be fully set before removing from the oven.
The cake pictured required 65 minutes at 350 degrees. The recipe states 55 – 65 minutes baking time, because apples vary in their water content.
As a result, the baking time can vary.
Therefore, give the cake a little jiggle while it’s still in the oven. If there’s some wiggle in the jiggle, leave it in longer.
German Apple Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 2 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups apple, grated (or 4 small apples)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust: mix crumbs, melted butter, and sugar together and press into bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish. Set aside.
- For the cheesecake: mix thoroughly the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spread gently onto crust. Set aside.
- For apple cake: In small bowl mix flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. In large bowl, mix eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Alternate apples and dry ingredients into large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add nuts. Pour on top of cheesecake.
- Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or until cake is set in center.
Here are some great sized pictures to save to your Pinterest board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.