An easy breakfast, lunch, snack, or appetizer, Ham and Cheese Pizza Rolls are delicious. Slices of ham and cheese are wrapped in a pizza crust. Between the layers is melted butter and whipped cream cheese for added flavor. So scrumptious, you can’t eat just one.
The addicting part is the garlic herb whipped cream cheese layer. It’s so tasty and delicious, plus the ham and cheese flavors. McScrumptious!
The idea for these came about when I was making my Pepperoni Pizza Cups, which also uses a refrigerated pizza dough. So easy to use.
Making Ham and Cheese Pizza Rolls
Take the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust out to warm on the counter for 20 minutes. It’ll be easier to work with.
After the 20 minutes, lightly flour your work space and spread the pizza crust out.
Brush half of the melted butter onto the crust. Set the second half aside, we’ll get to it in a minute.
Next, spread the whipped cream cheese over the crust in an even layer.
The ham and cheese goes on next.
What’s your favorite cheese? I made these with Swiss, then a second batch with American. I love both, but the American is my go-to.
For the cheese, it rolls up easier when the slices don’t overlap one another. The ham is easier to roll than the cheese.
It’s a small point, don’t put too much thought into it.
That’s why in the recipe it says to use 6 – 8 slices of ham and cheese. My ham was rectangular, so I used 6 with a little overlap.
The cheese came in perfect little squares, so I used 8, which fit perfectly. In other words, no overlapping.
Let’s get rolling.
Time to roll it up, and believe me, it’s easier than it sounds.
Roll the long edge tightly, tucking the ham and cheese back into place as necessary. Once you get it started, you’re done.
Lay it on it’s seam, and cut it in half. For each half, cut those in half. Now, of the four pieces, make 2 cuts in each, and you should end up with 12 rolls.
Or, if that sentence was confusing, simply cut it into 12 rolls. Ha!
Spray your 11 x 7″ baking dish with non-stick spray and place the rolls evenly spaced.
Let the rolls sit while the oven is preheating to 400°, then brush the rest of the melted butter across the tops.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the tops are a golden brown.
More quick and easy recipes:
Ham and Cheese Pizza Rolls
- 13.8 oz. Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 4 Tbsp. Philadelphia's Whipped garlic & herb cream cheese spread
- 6 - 8 thin ham slices *See Notes
- 6 - 8 cheese slices (provolone, Swiss, American, cheddar, etc.) *See Notes
- Set canister of refrigerated pizza dough on counter top 20 minutes to warm.
- Lightly flour surface and unroll pizza dough. Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter over dough.
- Spread Whipped cream cheese evenly over dough.
- Place ham in a single layer on dough. Repeat with cheese slices. Avoid overlapping cheese.
- Roll dough along long edge with ham and cheese on the inside. Slice into 12 equal pieces, approx. 1.25" per piece.
- Place rolls into a sprayed 11 x 7" baking dish. Allow to sit while you preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt and brush remaining butter on tops of rolls. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
Ham and Cheese Pizza Rolls
Stay in touch by signing up for emails and following me on Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to pin one of these pictures to your Pinterest board for safe keeping.
Thank you for stopping by and I pray you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.