A chilly night and not much time for making dinner? Try this Easy Savory Chicken Stew. It’s delicious and easy to make, plus it doesn’t require you to spend hours in the kitchen. Serve it with some dinner rolls or maybe a quick salad. Serving it alone is just fine, too, although I’m hard pressed to not add buttered crackers. Your kitchen will smell wonderful and everyone will be asking, “What’s for dinner?”
Making Easy Savory Chicken Stew
Start with your soup pan or Dutch oven. Cook the onion and celery until tender, then you add your cooked shredded chicken. Buy a cooked chicken for this step, or use leftovers. This can easily become a Turkey Stew the day after Thanksgiving, just swap out the chicken for left-over turkey.
Blend the cornstarch with the water and make sure there are no lumps, then add to your stew.
Everything is in there now; all you have to do is bring it to a boil then let it simmer for 15-30 minutes.
Don’t be alarmed if your mouth starts to water at this point…it’s perfectly natural.
Reheating Easy Savory Chicken Stew
When reheating your stew, you may want to add some more water or broth.
Sometimes soups and stews thicken up over night.
My preferred reheating method is to get another pan dirty by heating up the Easy Savory Chicken Stew on the stove. Heat it on low; slow and steady just until it starts to bubble again.
Easy Savory Chicken Stew
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup uncooked rotini whole grain pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Cook onion and celery in oil in soup pan until tender. Add cooked chicken, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, green chilies, corn, broth, soup and pasta. Mix together water and cornstarch and add to soup pan.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15-30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!
Here are some great sized pins for your Pinterest Board.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.