It doesn’t get much easier to make unless you buy them premade. Chocolate Chunk Muffins need only 2 ingredients, 3 if you want chunky chocolate chips added.
Chocolate Chunk Muffins are a quick and easy snack, dessert, breakfast, or brunch item that’s super easy to make.
I love these because they’re not too sweet, which I like for breakfast.
Don’t get me wrong, they satisfy, but without that over-the-top sweetness.
In fact, if you want a touch more sweetness, by all means frost them.
Food for thought (pun intended) they’re delicious with Strawberry Milk Shake Frosting and a sprinkle of Strawberry Crunch Topping.
Making Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Like I said, you only need 2 ingredients.
First, a box of Devil’s Food cake mix. You can find one most anywhere.
Second, a can of pure pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling, just pure pumpkin.
Mix these 2 ingredients together and they’re ready for the oven, and yes, the batter is thick.
Adding baking chips
Ok, let’s add a 3rd ingredient.
My favorite are peanut butter baking chips. Peanut butter with chocolate has always been my favorite pairing.
I also love straight up chocolate chips.
I added the chunky chocolate chips, hence the name Chocolate Chunk Muffins, but you can use whatever you have.
Semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, confetti, white chocolate…they’re all good.
This recipe makes an even dozen, so you’ll need one muffin pan with liners.
Preheat the oven to 375°, although it won’t stay there.
Put the muffins in the oven to bake, but then reduce the temperature to 350°.
Bake for approx. 25 minutes, or when a toothpick comes out clean.
Let them cool in the pan for just a few minutes, then remove them and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
If you like the simplicity of this recipe, you might like my Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. There’s a few more ingredients in the streusel layer, but it’s so worth it.
Or, check out some of these other recipes:
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- English Toffee Banana Muffins
- Strawberry Whole Wheat Muffins
- Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins
Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 15.25 oz. box Devil's Food cake mix (no eggs, water, or oil needed)
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup optional chunky chocolate baking chips (or any flavor chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, confetti, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line one muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In bowl, mix dry cake mix with pumpkin. Batter will be thick.
- Add optional baking chips (1 - 2 cups). Divide batter between 12 liners.
- Place in oven and reduce temperature to 350°.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Follow me on Pinterest and sign up for emails to receive each new recipe as they leave my kitchen.
In the mean time, happy baking and have a blessed day.
Copyright © Sweet Ordeal. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If, however, you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words, then link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.